Established in 1959
After apprenticing in Germany as an instrument technician, Walter Podzelny emigrated to Canada, arriving in Halifax in 1956. Speaking no English, he moved across Canada while working for the railway. Walter also worked in a pulp mill and eventually for the Lewis Piano House in Vancouver. Walter began to travel out into the valley and in 1959 moved to Chilliwack, renting an old chicken barn for his first shop.